Saturday, June 04, 2005

All work and no play makes Charlotte a dull dull girl

This week I have realized something about myself. I have realized that since getting this job, I no longer have a life. I spend evenings and weekends studying and worrying about exams. My bedtime has moved forward a few hours, so now I go to bed while it’s still light outside because I have to get up so fucking early it hurts. I go out one night a week, and then feel guilty about it the next day.
This morning I woke up at 9am and got up to listen to some CD Rom about the FSMA 2000 Act. It’s a Saturday! My eyes actually hurt. Seriously.
When people ask me what I did over the weekend, there’s this awkward pause while I try and remember something fun. All this for a job that I don’t really care about in an industry I really do NOT understand. And even though there is potential to earn big bucks one day, right now that seems like a long way off, and anyway, I would probably have to be good at the job to get that far, and lets face it that isn’t looking likely.

Anyway, I have decided that I need to give myself goals and make the most of my non- work time (as soon as exam is over and if I pass it this time). And also as soon as I move into my new house, and don’t have early mornings so I can do something at night.
So now the excuses are over, one day I plan to do these things.

1. Get a cheap flight and go somewhere for the weekend. Paris, Rome etc..
2. Go visit friends and family more often.
3. Return peoples phone calls and actually catch up with old friends.
4. Do something in the evenings, other than watch TV.
5. Do a course in something fun and interesting.
6. Get a holiday!
7. Go for a bike ride.
8. Buy a bike...

Any other ideas anyone? Whilst I'm all up for the self improvement thing.. it might not last long.

No comments: