Saturday, January 13, 2007

1 week today... the event of the year - my birthday!

I've just booked my flights for Scotland and I'm starting to get excited. Mostly because it means that I have a three day week at work next week, but also because it's my birthday a week today and I'll be in Edinburgh. This trip came around because the parents had a conference there that weekend, and I think Mum felt guilty that it was on my birthday, so she booked a holiday for me there too. I like guilt presents. You get a lot of them in my family.

Anyway, it's now turned into a whole family holiday/business trip, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. I can see it has the potential for disaster. Mainly because nobody likes my parents business partners, one is an accountant, need I say more, although I have plans to be spending a lot of time in the bars demanding birthday drinks from them. Other than that, apart from the one or two compulsary dinners I have to attend I can escape from them. The hotel is right next to the castle so I'm excited about that. This is the hotel.

Hint:
Those of you who need to post my birthday presents might want to do that early next week so I get them before I go away. And for ideas look at my wish list on Amazon or just get me something amazing/expensive.

No comments: