Sunday, August 21, 2005

Menopausal Mother

I think that women of a certain age should be locked up for a few years, or until the menopause is over, to save the sanity of anyone who has the unfortunate situation of living/working/or just generally being near them. I don't claim to understand the inner workings of the body, but I know that hormones or lack of them, when they run out, makes women crazy, and by women I mean my mum. The hot flushes, the memory loss, the weight gain, the moodiness are just some of the effects of the menopause. But the change from a normal mum, who is generally sometimes dependable, to this unstable, completely undependable, secretive, sneaky, paranoid and insecure person is a pretty big shock. All of a sudden the person who you think is reliable and will fix everything, isn't there anymore, and you're the one who has to take control and play the adult. Which is a huge change. And I don't like it.
So, lock them up, or at least give them a tablet to stop it. I know they can get HRT but I don't understand the point of going from no hormones to pumping too many in to your body. I mean surely that will only make things worse? Think of the moodswings etc with PMT and then multiply it by ten. Not such a great idea anymore...

Anyway, moan over.

No comments: