Sunday, December 11, 2005

Team bonding

Pictures will be following soon of the 'team night' I hosted at my house, when I find the wire to connect to the computer. But for now I have a few things to share with you about it.

Firstly, the night came about because the company decided to get morale up and make you feel like the measly pay and crap work was all worthwhile, by paying £5 per head for us to have a team night and bond. However, for £5 you can't do much, so we bought ingredients, and cooked a dish each, and came to mine. Well, the wine flowed, as it usually does in my house, and the night did improve. Thank God it was with the old team, because there is no way the Bitch manager of the new team was coming to my house. Anyway I digress. There were a few shocked comments about the creative poetry on my fridge, which I wasurpriseded about because I had taken the rudest sentences off. By the way, whoever it was that bought me the erotic poetry magnets for the fridge, I would like to thank you for the hours of fun I have making up rude words. It never fails to entertain my little mind...

It seems that all had good fun. Quotes of the night include:
I'm NOT a nun, just a Reverend.' - my reply to a shocked team mate after seeing the fridge.
'I'm Santa Claus' love child.' - this older, small gnome like man.

'James, only speak when you hold the doughnut. You get three warnings and then you get sent to the kitchen.' - once again, another quote from me, improvising on the method we use at beavers to shut up noisy kids. And James just doesn't shut up..

And the prize of the night goes to James who we sent out to get wine. He called up to ask: 'Should I get 4 red and 1 white? At which point we told him 'no, nobody is drinking the red.' He replies with, 'ok, so 3 red and 2 white then?' His stupidity met new boundaries. ( This was nasty James, not hot James.)

Jen also won a prize for the most inappropriate comment when she turned to Nicola and said, 'yeah charlotte told me you couldn't keep down a job...'

Ah, the effects of alcohol...

No comments: