Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry Potter!! Woo woo!!

This weekend has been perfect. Just perfect. I went out Friday night. Had a great time. Got wasted. Saturday morning I woke up early with no side affects from the night before, and the postman delivered the book I have spent the last two years waiting for. I then spent the entire afternoon in the garden, sitting in my fantastically comfy deck chair, and dangling my feet in the cool refreshing water of the paddling pool, reading the amazing book. By midnight last night I had finished it.
I won't ruin it for those who haven't read it yet, but I do feel traumatised by the ending. It's fantastic, but the storyline just gets darker with each book. And I admit I got a little scared at parts. And I really feel like I have lost a friend, when a certain somebody dies. Well maybe not a friend, but I do feel sad, and a little dead inside. I'm one of those people who likes the happy endings, being the reason why I never watched the ending to Titanic. As far as I am concerned, they got together, hooked up in a car, and that was the end. That's when I pressed stop on the VCR anyway. Because I knew if I carried on watching people would die, so if I didn't watch any further, nothing bad would happen to them. This is how my mind works.

So now I am mourning the loss of such a great character in Harry Potter, but also celebrating such a fantastic book. And I'm sure people will start talking to me again now that I don't remind them in every conversation just how many days/hours/minutes until the book was released.

I never really realised I was this much of a nerd, but apparently I am. Nerd Power.

No comments: