Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Spiders 0 Charlotte 5

I never really understood the phrase ' at the end of my tether' until today, when the last few weeks kind of caught up on me and I ended up spending the evening curled up in the fetal position on the sofa. I watched Chicken Little, in the hope of distracting myself from life, but it just didn't work. I did realise that one of our Beaver Scouts looks like Chicken Little though. Unfortunate.

I'm waging war against the spiders at the moment. I've had to battle 5 BIG spiders at my house so far. They were scary and big and fast. But it's not as bad as last weekend when the daddy long legs descended on Norfolk. I've never seen so many in my life. I walked out of my bedroom in the morning and they were all lying dead outside my room. I'm ashamed to admit I actually freaked out at them. I may have had a little 'Nikki' style tantrum.

Apparently they are auditioning for Hobbits for the Lord of the Rings musical. My brother thinks I should apply. He's so kind.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend Chicken Little to anyone. At what point do we grow out of cartoon films? I just hope I never feel this way about the Simpsons. Because then my life would be over.

The baby shower for Amanda went well, but I haven't loaded pictures on to the the computer yet so I'll post them soon.

No comments: