Sunday, July 02, 2006

You look as cheap as a 1 penny chew.

Right now I am hot, uncomfortable and wishing air conditioner units weren't so expensive. I would actually consider selling an organ for one of those, maybe not an important organ, but one of the ones where you have two and only really need one.

Alistair (little bro no.1) is going for his operation tomorrow which has put me into big sister worry overdrive, which is weird for me, seeing as we don't really have a close relationship. Not that we have a bad relationship, but we are just very different people. So that pretty puts him out of action for the rest of the summer, and back on crutches. Stacy, want to come over and be nursemaid?

My pool for the garden, and by pool, read oversize paddling pool, has arrived. But I've just realised that I don't have a hose to fill it up. Damn. The cocktails in the pool are going to have to wait for a week.

Two radio presenters just announced that they are going to 'have' to go and buy the Kooks albulm, based on their new song Valerie. Now, correct me if I am being stupid, but isn't Valerie the new Zutons song. For some reason that makes me angry. These people are paid to know these things. And paid more than me.

Oh, ice lolly time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right Valerie is by the Zutons.... I can hear Radio 1 looking through the phone book for your number now.......

And as for the pool and also as concerned friend I am willing to go to Argos and get you a hose THIS WEEK (I won't charge delivery) so that you can live the life of luxuary and enjoy your Cocktails... just let me know and that can be my good deed for the day!