Wednesday, August 23, 2006

East

Tonight I went to EAST, a oriental restaurant on the river. It's actually on a Dutch barge built in 1907 (interesting fact). The food was fantastic and the restaurant was lovely. The food was a combination of Japanese, Chinese, Thai and everything else. I'm not sure what other oriental countries there are..oh, vietnamese too.

Anyway, the most exciting part of the night was that I ate crispy seaweed and liked it! Bear in mind if you will that it was only in the last few years that I've ventured to eating vegetables. I was a little wary, given that Kate gave me some sushi once, with seaweed, and it made me want to vomit.But anyway, this was fantastic. No vomit at all.

Now I'm collapsed on the sofa, I'm so full. I think I need to lie down...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh very nice!!!! I went last year and loved it and as for the Seaweed I can never get enough of that stuff!!!! Now that you have tried that another place to give a go is a place down Cowgate in town next to the Drapers Arms Public House. It's called Gormet Plaza (think the spellings right) It's Chinese, 3 course and as much as you can eat for £10!!!!! I love it there!!

spagbals said...

yes i suppose people from england would think "oriental" is an appropriate way to refer to asians. you inspire me.

Charlotte said...

Hey, that's how they refer to their cooking on the webpage!