Saturday, April 23, 2005

Miser

At work yesterday we had another 'dress down day.' So we all come in wearing jeans and casual clothes and donate some money for a chosen charity. Yeah, sounds good, you're thinking. Well it is, but it just seems to be a very frequent thing. I fully support businesses giving money to charity, but not when the staff have to donate every other week... Deep down I know its a really good thing, and will get you one step further on the getting into Heaven list, but I just don't like giving money away. I know its bad, but I would rather hide in the toilets when they are doing the office collection than donate £1 to a worthwhile cause. Is that wrong? For the Tsunami Appeal I watched in wonder as all these people gave hundreds of pounds each, and I avoided the collection boxes. Although in the end I put 2 pence in one just to ease my conscience and so I could say I had given something. I think I am going to Hell.

1 comment:

bschneider5 said...

Makes youwonder if your office is getting a kickback from it.Bradsblog