Saturday, April 09, 2005

Urgh

I made it back from London in one piece. The days were long, the lectures tedious, and the cyclists were fucking dangerous. But I made it. And I think I have learnt a few things too which fingers crossed will get me through this exam on Wednesday. Today I have been doing my usual thing of pretending it doesn't exist and not doing work. I figure that if I don't think about it then it won't happen. I am sure this isn't the best study method but it stops me from having that nauseous feeling and those sharp stabbing pains in my chest whenever the thought of it comes into my head. I think that the fact my job depends on me passing this exam really isn't helping my nerves. However, I read somewhere that you should be putting in 70 hours study for this exam. I have spent the last month and a bit, 5 days a week, 7 hours a day studying. Well, actually in all reality, I haven't studied 7 hours a day, probably five, and I haven't used my work from home days to study, so make that 4 days a week, but I have definitely passed the 100 hours mark for study, plus I do some at the weekend, therefore I really should have a chance.
I have turned down the opportunity to go for a meal tonight, all paid for, and then drinking after, in one of Hunstanton's 'hot spots,' note the sarcasm, so I can do more revision. However, so far my day has consisted of getting up at 2.30pm. Well I got up at 8.30, had breakfast, then 'napped' until 2.30. I managed to watch American Pie The Wedding, and visit the new baby, yet so far I haven't even opened my books to study. It is now 8.30 and I am planning to have an early night, so in all reality I only have an hour or so of awake time left. I doubt I will be spending this productively. Therefore I hope that an early night tonight will enable me to get up early tomorrow and spend the day studying. Or at least part of it.
I am rambling now, possibily from an excess of nervous energy, so I will continue with my procrastination. Goodnight.

No comments: