Saturday, April 16, 2005

Procrastination

I am possibly the worse person at putting things off until its too late. I don't know why I do this. I don't really enjoy what I am doing instead because there is always a niggling thought in the back of my mind that I should be doing the other thing. I don't even waste time doing worthwhile things instead. I spend my time watching day time TV which shouldn't ever have seen the light of day, or watching a lame movie that I have seen a million times before, or searching for completely random things on the internet. Or just lying there, staring at the walls, anything so I'm not doing what I should be doing. And the stupid thing is that what I should be doing probably isn't really all that bad, it's just because i 'should' be doing it that I don't want to. I would probably find it mildly interesting, yet I put it off. Why do I make life harder for myself?
And when this thing is done, and I should be just enjoying doing nothing, I decide that I need something else to challenge me, so I set myself another target, more work, which I then put off as much as possible until the mere thought of it drives me crazy. Why? I don;t expect anyone else to understand this, because I don't myself. But I just thought it was worth sharing..

No comments: