Sunday, May 08, 2005

I'm strong to the finish, cos I eats my spinach....

This week work actually became fun. I finally felt like I knew enough to relax and enjoy it rather than dread it. The team I work with is great, apart from that one annoying guy who seems to exist in every office in the world. Think David Brent from the office and you would be getting close.
Anyway, there is this guy from another team in the office, who I have spoken to once or twice and seems ok, apart from being a weight lifting fanatic with a penchant for steroids and a head that now looks too small for his abnormally large chest. (Think Popeye, after the spinach) Anyway, he got hold of my phone number and spends his non gym time texting me. I'll admit the first few cheeky texts were quite funny, but now he is convinced that I like him, and no matter how much I try and tell him otherwise, and don't respond, he doesn't get the message. He is convinced that I like him but I just don't want him to know. Not only that he can't understand why I would not find his masses of muscle attractive. Apparently he knows he 'looks good.' Hmm. Delusional springs to mind...
This isn't too much of a problem yet because I still find it pretty funny, but the slightly surreal thing is that he doesn't talk to me at work. He spends his evenings texting me telling me I can stay over his if I don't want to do the long drive in the morning, or spinning some cheesy line, yet at work he avoids me and gets really embarrassed. Which is kind of weird.
Is this typical male behaviour for someone in his twenties? I mean it would make sense if we were 12 or something, well, maybe without the sexual undertones to the texts, cos that would just be wrong. I just don't understand.
Anyway, I'm off to a tea party, which may sound like I am 12, but I can't wait.

No comments: