Friday, February 04, 2005

drunk & disorderly

so this weekend I am not going to drink. I am going to stay in doing laundry or watching movies on Friday night and I have volunteered to babysit on saturday. yes, you read right. I am going to wake up on sunday morning and remember my weekend. Ok, so there won't be much to forget, but at least I'll feel like I have accomplished something. I'll be able wake up without a pounding headache or hairy tongue and a mouth tasting of stale wine or vodka. I haven't really stopped the partying since Christmas, I had birthdays to celebrate and weekends, and well to admit it, weekdays, anydays, and I have woken up too many times in this last few months with that sinking feeling in my stomach as I remember the drunken dancing, singing, and....
Why does all self control go out the window after a drink or two? Why do ugly men appear attractive? Why do you never remember how you got those bruises, but you bet it wasnt whilst looking cool and sophistocated. I was at a party in Bristol last week, sauntering across the dance floor talking to a really fit guy and then.... I fell over. Yes, right in front of EVERYBODY i skidded across the dance floor, taking out some random girl with me. In my defence I would like to point out that I wasnt THAT wasted and that the floor was covered in a spilt drink and another girl had fallen over in the same spot 15 mins earlier. however had I been entirely sober, maybe it would have been avoided.
So due to all these reasons, this weekend will be a sober one for me. Support me if you will!

No comments: