Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Work

Only 5 days until I start my new job! I don't know whether I am happy, or nervous or scared. But there seems to be an abundance of butterflies in my stomach! This hasn't been helped by the fact that they have managed to screw up my start date and my contract got lost in the post...according to an answer phone message I was due to start yesterday. Anyway, they realised their mistakes, and a very nice sounding guy on the other end of the phone has told me that starting on 21st is 'cool.' He sounds a bit like Aled from the Chris Moyles show. I had to fight the urges to tell him that, possibly not the best way to impress my new boss.
Anyway, I am still looking for somewhere to rent/buy, depending on how long it would take to sort out buying. Obviously I don't want to commute for too long, but at the same time I don't want to rent and waste all that money each month and have nothing to show at the end of it. BTW, why are mortgages sooo confusing?? Do I want fixed, variable, offset, tracker, endowement, repayment, equity release..the list is endless. All I want is for someone to give me enough money to buy a flat, and not screw me over with repayments and interest. Is that too much to ask!
Anyway, back to the search.

No comments: