Monday, February 28, 2005

Early

The next two days will be spent in London on a course with one of the guys I work with. I have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Yes, I have to leave the house at 5 am. What the hell is that about? How is that for devotion to your job! What brainiac decided to hold a course at 9am in the morning when everyone is travelling from about 3 hours away. Fuckers. I guess it will earn me brownie points with my boss when I subtely go for the sympathy...Maybe I'll get a raise...maybe I can dream on. Oh yeah, they are giving us a 'lunch allowance.' Yes, £3.00. You can maybe buy a coffee with that. That is all. And I don't drink even drink coffee. Damn them.
Another stroke of genius is that they insist on buying two return train tickets rather than put you up in a hotel for the night to make it easier. And the hotel would be cheaper. How's that for logic. They would prefer us to get up before the sun, drive hours, get the train for an hour, struggle on the underground in rush hour, and then be too exhausted to concentrate on all the important stuff you are supposed to be learning. The struggle with rush hour again, sit on a train for a few hours, then have an hour and a half drive back home. The do it all again the next day!Great. So I have decided to sell the return tickets and make some money, and then stay in Hertford, about half and hour away. Haha. My pathetic attempt at revenge.
Hopefully a chance to have a drinky or two afterwards, I think I'll need it by then, as long as I can find my train and make my way back to Hertford that night.

No comments: