Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Baby Girl!

I would like to congratulate Rachel and Neil on the birth of their absolutely adorable little daughter, Madeline Charlotte Collins. Yes, Charlotte after me, because I am so great. Yes I am. She was born yesterday at 1.20pm, weighing 7lbs. And she is sooo cute. Although having looked after Isaac all day whilst Rach was in labour, I was a bit disappointed when she bought the baby home and I realised she couldn't really do anything yet. I mean, with Isaac he can play with toys, and run and jump and generally act stupid and its really funny to watch. And he laughs at me too and it's always nice to find someone on my 'level.' Having said that she was only 6 hours old, but still, you kind of forget how boring they are at that age. But what she lacks in fun she makes up for in cuteness.
Shock horror, she has brown hair! Not ginger (or red head for all you dumb Americans)like we all expected but brown. I wasn't quite sure if they bought the correct baby home...but she was tagged with the right name so I guess it was theirs. Almost doesn't seem like Rachel's baby if she isn't ginger.
She was still a bit dopey when I saw her, baby not rach, (rach seemed to have loads of energy, I have never seen someone look so good after giving birth only 6 hours earlier!) But I think Madeline was still in shock. It must be so weird being born. One day you are just sitting there, all comfy, possibly settling down for a nap, and then the next thing you are being pushed through a vagina and all these people you don't know are prodding and poking and staring at you. No wonder they are pretty quiet and docile the first few days, they're in shock!
Anyway, I'm sure she will liven up more than enough soon and they she will be more fun to play with.
Congratulations Neil and Rachel!
(I'll post a picture soon, but I hate this computer and it'll probably explode if I try to do anything different. Stupid Macs..)

No comments: