Monday, March 21, 2005

Scum of the Earth

Two nights ago I had this horrible dream where my car was broken in to. Glass was everywhere and my stereo and cds were stolen. Ironically this morning that nightmare came true. Some scum of the earth decided to pick my car to burgle last night. Not only that but they had the cheek to do this right under my bedroom window, which was open, and yet I didn't hear anything. Two doors along, same thing. They picked the two oldest cars on our street and smashed them up, and stole stereos. Fuckers. What kind of person can do this. The worst thing is that living in such a small town, chances are I probably know these people and they are laughing at me behind my back. Never before have I been more convinced that corporal punishment is the way forward. Try stealing with one hand. Not so easy huh? Although in my opinion, I'd like their testicles cut off.
How can people like that live with themselves. I have to take a day off work, clear up broken glass, contact the insurance and police, and to tell the truth I am feeling really shaken up. And these people are getting off scott free with the money to fund their drug habit no doubt.
As usual the police were SO much help. Wait, scratch that, maybe not. They won't even come round to look at the car or take fingerprints. All they said was to take a crime number and claim off insurance. Yeah, so helpful. I'll get on to that while these scum are still roaming the streets with no chance of being caught. The police are so busy stopping motorists for speeding or for talking on their mobile phones that they don't have time to investigate actual crimes. Keep up the good job guys! I'm really really impressed. (Note sarcasm)
So, my car can't be fixed until tomorrow, the window is all smashed, and it has to sit outside my house again tonight. Fab! Maybe the scum will come back and finish the job and steal the car! It's not like they will be caught or punished, so why not!
So back to clearing the glass off the road and out of my car. Fantastic.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Quick update. Take back some of what I said about police. They did come round to fingerprint car, although this was after they had told me to clean it up...yeah thanks. So no fingerprints then.