Sunday, March 06, 2005

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. I admit my present was a bit lame this year. I looked all around Hunstanton yesterday. OK, its not exactly a great place to buy a present, but I had left it to the last minute. All the shops had these cheesy cards with bears and flowers on them, and there is no way I am buying that crap. They also did little boxes of chocolate with corny messages on them. So I wasn't going to insult my mum by buying stuff like that. So I bought her a toaster. Yes, it seemed like a good idea. We had a little old one that didn't match anything in the kitchen,so I bought a big, matching one, with nifty little gadgets. Once I got home I thought about the significance of this present and it didn't seem like such a great idea. This woman cooks, cleans and runs around after us all year long, and on her one special day, I buy her a kitchen appliance. And she doesn't even eat toast. So I went out again and bought her some toiletries to go with it. Still a pretty lame present. Oh well. She knows I meant well. And she even had the decency to look happy about it. I might go out now and buy here something else. I am beginning to feel a bit guilty. Anyway, thanks for everything mum.

No comments: