Thursday, March 17, 2005

Nice work if you can get it

Work is kind of a breeze at the moment. We have a hell of a lot of studying to do but we don't have to do any real work yet. Which is nice. And it's also kind of cool that we have a real laugh doing it. James and I make the worst study partners. It all started out so well, we didn't really know each other so we were both polite and relatively quiet and just got on with our work. Two weeks later and we end up spending the day having the most random conversations about anything and everything. It's nice that I have got to know people on my 'team' quite well but its also a nightmare for getting work done. Todays topics for conversation were; water and surface tension, graveyards, the best way to die and magpies. We have adopted the superstition about seeing two magpies and being a sign of good luck, but seeing one is a bad omen. I think there is something in this. I saw one on the way to work, was looking out so hard for the second that I nearly crashed, which would have been ironic, and then my stupid car broke down twice! All before 8am. Damn. However, this afternoon I saw two and then my car made it home without a problem! Freaky huh?
Anyway, back to the work issue. I still have a month until my exam but it is all so overwhelming. Wait, a month today! I HATE FINANCIAL MATHS and STUPID FORMULAS. I really don't understand anything about maths in the slightest. This morning I was starting to panic about this. I have even been waking up at night having been dreaming about the formula for compound interest. Big relief when I was told it wasn't a huge part of the exam. However, I still think they might not realise just how worthless I am with this subject. And because I am worrying about this I am avoiding doing any maths like the plague. BTW. Is it true you could catch the plague from the handrails on the underground? I'm sure I read this somewhere, and I need to settle an argument. I don't think I dreamt it....

No comments: