Saturday, March 12, 2005

Drunken Pervy Men

I went out on our 'team social' last night with work. Oh My God, what a nightmare! I think I am really lucky with my team at work. I get on really well with most of them, there is just that one person who drives everyone crazy!! It would be him who organised the team social. He emailed us all daily for the past few weeks, keeping records of all the emails, etc. Hassling us hourly about ALL the miniscule details. But we all made the effort to turn up, and went to the restaurant. We met the other people here who were joining us, a few managers, and some people from other teams. At this point me and jen were elbowed out of the way to this guy could sit near the rest of our team and we were relegated to the other end of the table with the old people. Who were for the record very nice, but we didn't know them and spent the whole meal making mindless small talk to keep the conversation going. Anyway, I dropped jen home and went to the bar to meet them. This guy turns out to be one of those annoying, pervy drunks, who gets louder, more arrogant, and objectionable the more he drinks. By the way, what straight men actually drink Blue WKD all night? I kept expecting him to ask for a woo woo, or an archers and lemonade or some other girly crap. At this point I realised that I REALLY didn't want to be standing next to him and his wondering hands, so I kept edging further and further away. Seriously, imagine a drunk, boorish pervy, middleaged business man and you will have an image of what this man is like! Apart from the fact that he is 23. But he could not take the hint, so I left. The night pretty much sucked anyway and the drunken advances of a knob head didn't exactly fill me with joy. Then all night I get texts from him and his mate asking why I left, in his words he thought I was 'up for it, what happened?' At which point did he think I was 'up for it?!' Can one person seriously be that deluded? I was rude to him, snapped at him, moved away from him whenever he got near, got people to stand around me so he couldn't get close. But no, I was 'up for it' according to him. Jesus.
So it really wasn't a great night, but I did learn one thing, that I will NOT be doing 'team socials' again, apart from our friday lunchtime pub session which so far we have kept secret from this guy...

No comments: